Under general direction of the Vice President for Communications, External Affairs and Development, the Development Manager will support all aspects of general development (fundraising), events coordination, and related tasks for the Samaritan Daytop Foundation. Specific responsibilities include implementing and supporting the agency’s development functions, special events planning, database and fundraising website management, and related tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates a fundraising calendar of events and helps plan and implement annual fund drives, direct mail appeals, email blasts, and other outreach to achieve fundraising goals.
- Drafts copy for fundraising materials.
- Assists with execution of fundraising appeals.
- Inputs data into the Foundation’s fundraising database and prepares reports to track and evaluate fundraising against goals.
- Manages web-based fundraising activities.
- Assists with ongoing cultivation/solicitation and engagement activities of prospects and donors.
- Assists with communications and marketing functions related to development.
- Assists with planning and executing a wide variety of events such as fundraisers, dinners, cultivation events, conferences and meetings.
- Assists with selecting and coordinating vendors.
- Manages fundraising database to ensure complete tracking of relationships with prospects, current donors, board, leadership and others.
- Ensures integration of all methods of contacting and soliciting major donors, including mailings, phone contacts, and personal visits by senior staff and involvement/attendance in agency events.
- Utilizes database to compile, sort and format data for mailings, reports, and letters.
- Ensures all gifts, corrections, and other information is properly entered into the database.
- Works with staff to ensure gifts are deposited, recorded and acknowledged in a timely fashion
- Provides administrative support to the department as needed.
- Composes and prepares various forms of correspondence, letters, memoranda, and mailings
- Creates reports about the Foundation’s fundraising initiatives and progress
- Keeps abreast of trends in fundraising.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Energetic and flexible self-starter with highly developed skills to respond to changing priorities and deadlines and who can initiate, supervise and complete projects with minimal guidance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with Senior Management, Board Members, Donors, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills
- A team player and builder with strong administrative, organizational, planning management and leadership skills and commitment to the Agency’s mission and programs.
- Ability to effectively and professionally represent the agency to donors and prospects
- Technical computer proficiency including experience with fundraising databases (such as Donor Perfect a plus), Microsoft Office Suite and email and online fundraising campaigns
- Ability to work with tact and discretion and to observe the highest levels of confidentiality as it relates to the agency, its leadership, employees, donors and prospects.
- Ability to multi-task and work towards tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of two years of experience managing a complex fundraising and development program for a non-profit organization.