Samaritan Daytop Village knows the individuals walking through our doors are as diverse as the services we offer, so our process begins with the most important detail – you. Whether referred by one of our many partners, ordered to our services by the court or introduced voluntarily, our first step is to sit down with you for an intake interview. Our compassionate staff interviews you to learn more about your motivation for entering substance use treatment and the history that brings you here.
While paperwork and detailed reviews are necessities, Samaritan Daytop Village does its best to quickly determine the ideal placement to foster your success. Based on your needs and the spectrum of services we offer, our staff places you with the appropriate program and develops an individual treatment plan to lay the ground work for the journey ahead.
Central Admissions handles intakes for behavioral health services at Samaritan Daytop Village in New York City, Long Island, and the lower Hudson Valley. Programs include:
- Substance use treatment (residential or outpatient)
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Mental health treatment
- Peer recovery services
Our highly trained team of Admissions Specialists triage and assess complex and crisis cases, 24/7, for Residential, Outpatient, Medication-Assisted Treatment, or Veterans Program placement. Evaluations consider the patient’s medical, judicial, military, and family histories, in addition to the patient’s current health and mental health needs.
Referrals can be made by phone, online, email, or in person.
- Speak with an Admissions Specialist, 24/7, through our help line at (855) 322-4357 (HELP) or (718) 657-6195.
- Submit your admissions request virtually through our Online Admissions form at samaritanvillage.org/admissions or visit our Admissions portal to complete an online Admissions form.
- Send a message with questions or requests for info to email@example.com. An Admissions Specialist will follow up to schedule an in-person assessment.
- Visit one of our Admissions locations in person to schedule an assessment. At this time, we cannot guarantee same-day in-take appointments.
- Central Admissions, The Richard Pruss Wellness Center, 362 East 148th Street, Bronx, NY 10455
- Van Wyck Admissions, 88-83 Van Wyck Expressway State Road East, Jamaica, NY 11435
We accept referrals from individuals, their family members, or third-party referents (healthcare providers, criminal justice partners, military groups, and community organizations).
Once we receive your referral, we contact you for an over-the-phone assessment, followed by an in-person appointment to complete the intake process. In-person appointments take place during business hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
It is recommended that any medical, judicial, military, or other relevant paperwork be provided at the appointment.
For more information on all of Samaritan Daytop Village's treatment programs for drug and alcohol addiction, review our Frequently Asked Questions, e-mail our Admissions Department or call Admissions at (718) 657-6195 or (855) 322-4357 (HELP).
You may click the button below to complete an Online Admissions form. An Admissions Specialist will follow up within the next business day.